Ad Hoc Forms
Collects data that your current system cannot
Ad Hoc Forms is our latest web product. It is an on-line tool. Its features can be best summed up with following bullet points:
- Create forms and use them to collect additional data (that your current application can't)
- Email customer a link to populate forms on-line via the web
- Each form will work both on PC and mobile phone
- Create a comprehensive 'Report' for a client, a Word document that represents client portfolio, and embed data (collected by forms) into the Report.
- Create a library of various wordings then select and embed a wording to the Report.
How to use the tool in three steps
Ad Hoc Forms is a simple tool. To master it, follow the next three steps:
A starting point is to describe data you want to collect. Tell the tool which data you want to collect, field by field. We call it building a data model.
This is a page to build the model:
Once the model is completed, use three buttons to generate tools you will need to use the model. All you have to do is press buttons; no technical knowledge needed.
- 'Generate Table'. This will automatically create table in SQL Server database. This is where all future collected data will end up.
- 'Generate Form'. A form will be automatically generated to collect data for the model. It will have full functionality and will be ready for use.
- 'Generate Word'. This will create a Word template for displaying the collected data. The template has mail-merge fields for each of the data elements. The tool will automatically populate the template when you need it.
All you need to do to generate those tools is to press buttons. No technical knowledge is required.
Once the form is generated, you can start collecting data. Follow these further steps:
- Search and locate a customer. The tool can link your existing application and retrieve customers from there. Alternatively, it can allow you to enter customers in the tool directly.
Select a form you want to use. Over time you will have many forms created for different needs
- You can also email a URL that leads to the form, to a customer's PC or a mobile phone so that they enter data themselves.
- Populate data on the form and submit.
- The data will be received by the tool and automatically saved in the database. It will be linked to the customer.
You can use the data in various ways and with different tools: for example, export to Excel.
We have included a special feature that will help you create customer's documents (we call them Reports) and embed both collected data and various wordings.
The page to create a 'Report':
Here is how this works:
- Select a report template. You will create a number of templates for different purposes. For example, insurance brokers will have a template called 'Pre Renewal Report'.
- Add wordings to the report. A library of various wordings will be prepared in advance and saved in folders: Clauses, Notices etc. Each wording is a Word document by itself. You will click on its name and it will be embedded into the report.
Add data to the report. You will have a list of data populated and submitted ('submissions') for and by the customer. Select a submission and the tool will add the data to the report. It performs following actions:
- The Word template opens behind the scenes.
- The tool performs mail-merge and populates the Word template with data from the submission.
- The Word template is embedded into the report.
- The resulting report contains a number of wordings and customer submissions. As the report is the Word document, you can open the report and manually edit what you want.
An example of the report:
It is up to you then to decide what to do with the report. You can: print, email etc.
Ad Hoc Forms offers you following benefits
- You will have a simple tool to collect any data
- Data could be collected by you or directly by your customer
- Data forms will work both in house and via Internet
- They will work on various devices such as PCs and mobile phones
- It will help you embed collected data into a Word document
- A library of various wordings could be created and wordings could be embedded into the Word document as well.